About the LCFA
The Lake County Fair Association - LCFA - is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that produces the annual Lake County Fair and manages daily operations of the Fairgrounds and Event Center. The Association is self-supporting and is not financially dependent on any municipal, county or state government. LCFA is comprised of dues-paying members, led by an elected Fair Board of Directors and Executive Board. Revenues generated by the Fair, membership dues, facilities rental and other activities are re-invested into the annual Lake County Fair and the maintenance and development of the Fairgrounds and Event Center.
Become a Member
Get involved! LCFA is member-driven and relies on the support of the community to continue the time honored traditions of the annual Lake County Fair, educational programs in partnership with 4H and other public events year-round.
2017 memberships are available for purchase through August 31, 2017. The membership term is valid from January 1 through December 31, 2017. Members are not required to reside in Lake County, Illinois, but must be 18 years of age at the time of enrollment.
Blue Ribbon Membership (general membership)
- One (1) adult season pass for the 2017 Lake County Fair
- One (1) season parking pass for the 2017 Lake County Fair
- One (1) official 2017 Lake County Fair commemorative pin
- One (1) invitation to the 2017 Membership Meeting w/voting rights
- Complimentary 2017 Fair Competition Handbook
- Membership Window Decal
- Discounts on LCFA-Sponsored events (non-Fair)
Purple Ribbon Membership (business membership)
- Any Purple Ribbon Membership purchased prior to 5/1/17 will receive a complimentary fairgrounds bench sponsorship with company name and logo
- Display of Business Membership partners on the LCFA website, along with a hyperlink to your business homepage
- Two (2) complimentary admissions to the Lake County Craft Beer Festival on February 18, 2017
- Membership Window Decal for display at your place of business
- Twenty (20) single day admission passes for the 2017 Lake County Fair
- Two (2) single day parking passes for the 2017 Lake County Fair
- Two (2) invitations to the 2017 Membership Meeting w/voting rights
- Twenty (20) official 2017 Lake County Fair commemorative pins
Adopt-a-Spot Beautification Program
To all of our 2016 participants, congratulations to one and all, the work you did on your spots was FANTASTIC! Adopt-a-Spot is perfect as a community service project for scouts, teens and civic organizations...or corporate team-building activity!
Please keep the following guidelines in mind as you begin planning for 2017:
- We ask that you incorporate any existing plants into your design.
- Be sure to plan your spot with maintenance needs and sun/soil/drainage issues in mind.
- Any hardscaping or permanently installed ornamental features must remain with the garden at the end of the season and will not be returned to the adopter.
- The Lake County Fairgrounds will provide the space, but each adopter is responsible for procuring all materials needed and providing all labor.
- You may begin planting as soon as you have signed and returned this letter to the Fair Office.
- Spots must be maintained from the time of adoption through September 30, 2017. Your spot must always be maintained and look its best for the week of the Lake County Fair: July 26-30, 2017.
- You may put a sign—no larger than 12” x 18” to identify your spot and thank any donors. Lawn signs are an easy, affordable, and professional option.
- If you will be planting trees or any large items, the Fair Office will ensure that any underground wires are marked.
- The adopter is responsible for watering their spot. If water access is not available near your spot, you may set up a rain barrel (at your expense) and the Fair can assist with filling the rain barrel, as needed. Please contact the Fair Office for more information.
- You are welcome to maintain your garden any day of the week from 8am-8pm. However, due to events at the Fairgrounds throughout the year, date & time restrictions will occasionally be communicated to each adopter via email.
- If you anticipate you will have a large amount of weeds or plant removal during your initial planting/cleanup, please contact the Fair Office for assistance.
If you would like to participate in the 2017 Adopt-A-Spot program, please call the Fairgrounds Office at 847.680.7200
Sponsor a Bench
The Lake County Fair Association offers this unique and affordable sponsorship opportunity to showcase your family, company or organization by sponsoring a bench at the Lake County Fairgrounds. The Fairgrounds and Event Center welcomes over 250,000 visitors annually.
We currently have over 35 benches located throughout the Fairgrounds for our guests to rest and relax. The 9"x15' bench backs can be painted with your company name and logo, location, phone number and website address.
The cost for the 2018 Bench Sponsorship Program is a one-time charge of $350 (which includes design and painting fees), with an annual renewal fee each year thereafter of $99. The sponsorship period runs from July 1, 2017 through December 31, 2018. In order to have your bench ready for this year's Fair, we ask that you submit your sponsorship form with payment no later than July 1 each year.
Official Host Hotel
Thank you for your interest in working at the Lake County Fairgrounds. Available internships and employment opportunities will be posted on this page.
Current job openings at the Lake County Fairgrounds and Event Center:
There are currently no job openings.
Lake County Fair Association is an equal opportunity employer.