Employment Opportunities at the Lake County Fair Association
Part-Time/Hourly - Flexible or set hours
Starting at $11/hr
The Facilities Assistant completes assignments and duties to support the day-to-day operations of the fairgrounds buildings and grounds: Custodial, maintenance and repairs, landscaping, utilities, security/safety, parking/traffic, asset management, and building services.
- Perform general maintenance, custodial duties, light construction, landscaping and snow removal tasks necessary for the operation and upkeep of the interior and exterior of the Lake County Fairgrounds facilities
- Assist clients with the load-in, set-up, tear-down, janitorial, refuse removal and load-out of various events that take place at the Fairgrounds
- Perform other duties as assigned for the successful operation of the annual Lake County Fair and other LCFA-produced events
Fair Office Assistant
Seasonal/Part-Time/Hourly (June - August 2018)
June & July: Start date on or around June 4 - Monday-Friday: 20 hours/week (to be scheduled during normal business hours 9:00am-5:00pm)
July 21-29: Additional hours, including weekends, required during the Lake County Fair
August: End date to be mutually agreed upon (early to mid-August)
The Fair Office Assistant provides administrative support, on a variety of tasks and projects, for the successful operations of the annual Lake County Fair.
- Act as receptionist and assist with general office operations: Answering phones, taking messages, copying and faxing, mailings, data entry, and basic administrative tasks
- Assist with competitions entry registration and operations
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
- Current High School student, graduate or GED equivalent
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the English language.
- Friendly and detail-oriented team-player with excellent problem-solving, communication, organizational and customer service skills. Ability to operate, or be trained on, standard office equipment including computers, telephone systems, and multi-function copiers.
Lake County Fair Association is an equal opportunity employer.