Is 2018 your year to win a Blue Ribbon?
This is where Lake County comes to compete each year. From quilts to cattle, pickles to pageants, and sheep to shoe boxes….there is a category for every age and talent.
2018 Fair Competitions KEY DATES:
- Early May: Pavilions and Livestock handbooks (listing of competitions) posted on lcfair.com
- Tuesday, June 5 @ 9:00am: Online entries open
- Monday, July 9 @ 11:59pm: Entries Close (except Flower & Garden department)
- Tuesday, July 17 @ 11:59pm: Flower & Garden Entries Close
- All competitions are open to Lake County and non-Lake County residents.
- If you have any questions about your specific department (judging criteria, which division/class to enter, etc), please contact the department Superintendent. Contact information is located on each department page.
- Entries cannot be changed or voided once they have been submitted. No refunds.
- We’re here to help! If you have any general competitions questions or need assistance entering online, please:
- Call the fair office Monday-Friday from 10:00am—4:00pm: (847) 680-7200
- Email us
- Call the fair office Monday-Friday from 10:00am—4:00pm: (847) 680-7200
ALL OPEN CLASS LIVESTOCK EXHIBITORS:
- You will need to know your animal's PREMISE ID and DATE OF BIRTH. This information will be entered into Showorks. If you need assistance with finding this information, please contact the Superintendent specific to your department.
- Dairy Goats: This is an AGDA sanctioned competition. All dairy goat exhibitors will also need to enter animal name, tattoo information, fresh date, and registration number. If you need assistance with finding this information, please contact a Goat Superintendent.
- ALL livestock exhibitors must purchase a “Livestock Pass” for $35 which includes a fair season pass and season parking pass for the West/Commercial lot. This is required to allow you daily access to tend for your animals.
- Exhibitors that are current LCFA members do not need to purchase a Livestock Pass. CLICK HERE to purchase a 2018 membership. Note: You cannot purchase a membership via Showorks.
- Memberships must be purchased in your name. Example: If you are a member and your child is showing livestock, your child must purchase a livestock pass and cannot show under your membership.
- LIMIT ONE LIVESTOCK PASS PER EXHIBITOR.
- Additional livestock fees:
- Entry fee per animal: $5.00
- Pen/Stall fee: $5.00 per pen Note: 4-H members also showing in Open Class must pay pen fees
ALL PAVILIONS EXHIBITORS:
- New in 2018! Pavilions exhibitors do not need to pay a one-time entry fee.
- Please note: you will not receive any gate admission tickets with your entries. If you wish to visit the fair or pick up your entries, you will need to purchase a ticket.
- Entry Fee: $1.00 per item
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO ENTER
STEP 1: REVIEW THE COMPETITIONS HANDBOOK
In the Competitions Handbook, review the General Information and Regulations page and Department Rules Information page for the department you are entering.
STEP 2: ENTER ONLINE
- New in 2018! Entries will only be accepted online. Paper entry forms will no longer be offered.
- If you do not have access to a computer, need assistance entering online, or do not have a credit/debit card and wish to pay by check or cash, please call the Fair Office to schedule an appointment.
- Online Entries OPEN: Tuesday, June 5 at 9:00 a.m.
- Online Entries CLOSE: Monday, July 9 at 11:59 p.m. (except Flower & Garden entries - close Tuesday 7/17 @ 11:59 p.m.)
- Use the link at the bottom of this page to access the Showorks online entry system
STEP 3: TAG PICK-UP, ENTRY DROP-OFF/LIVESTOCK DELIVERY & OTHER INFORMATION
- All exhibitors must pick up their entry tags from the Fair Office prior to dropping off their entries (with tags attached) or delivering livestock. Entry tags can be picked up from the Fair Office (located in the Event Center):
--> Thursday, July 19 & Friday, July 20: 9:00am—3:00pm
--> Saturday, July 21: 10:00am—4:00pm
--> Sunday, July 22: 10:00am—4:00pm
--> Monday, July 23 & Tuesday, July 24: 9:00am—3:00pm
- Entry drop-off times and livestock delivery times are listed in the Competitions Handbook.
- Pavilions Exhibitors: Once your department is judged, you may retrieve your items on the date and time listed in the Competitions Handbook - This will be Sunday for most Pavilions departments. You will need a ticket to enter the fair!
- Prize Money: If you placed and receive a monetary prize, you may receive your premium check from the Fair Office from 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 29. All winners must sign for their check and have a social security number on file if prize winnings are $600.00 or higher—no exceptions.
QUESTIONS? Please visit the FAQ section at the bottom of this page.
Click the images below to view the 2018 competition handbooks
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
I need help with my online entries - can you help?
Please call the office Monday-Friday from 10:00am - 4:00pm or email us and we'll be happy to help you troubleshoot. Or, if you need some extra assistance, please call 847.680.7200 and we can set up an appointment for you to come to the office and we'd be happy to help you in person and get your entries entered online.
Can I pay for my entries with a check or cash?
You may pay with cash or check, but will need to make an appointment with the fair office. We will sit with you at a computer and help you enter online and then you may pay in cash or make a check payable to "Lake County Fair Association". Please note that entries close at 9:00am on Monday, July 9 (except Flower and Garden), so you will need to have your appointment set-up the week prior.
What is Showorks?
ShoWorks™ is the most popular exhibitor and entries management software used by almost all state and county fairs in North America.
What are my online payment options?
You may pay online with Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, or PayPal.
I registered online last year. Do I need to enter all my contact information again?
Yes. If you were an exhibitor last year, you will need to register as a new exhibitor. Once registered, you may save your cart and log-in (with your password) at a later time to finish your entries. Your account will not save unless you have added an entry to your cart.
I entered online - is there a way for me to get a list of all my entries?
Yes. You will have the option to have a receipt emailed to you. Or, you can view your past transactions when you log into your Showorks account.
I registered online and created a password, but Showorks isn't not finding my username.
Your username and password will only be saved in Showorks if you have submitted (paid) for your entries OR you have items in your cart.
How can I change or delete my entries?
Once you submit your entries, you may not change or delete your entries. If you feel like you may change your mind, we suggest you put the entries in your cart until you are 100% sure that you want to enter. Remember - your entries must be paid for by Monday, July 9 in order to enter.
What is a Livestock Pass and do I need one? What if I'm a LCFA Member?
If you are showing livestock and are NOT a current LCFA member, you will need to purchase a Livestock Pass which allows you daily access to the fair and parking near the barns. The Livestock Pass can be purchased in Showorks when you are making your online entries. Only one Livestock Pass may be purchased per exhibitor.
LCFA members do not need to purchase a Livestock Pass. Please note: If you are a member and your child is showing livestock, they will still need to purchase a Livestock Pass. All 4H members that are also showing in Open Class, must also purchase a Livestock Pass.
For exhibitors that are 18 or older, you may want to consider becoming a LCFA member which includes the same benefits of a livestock pass plus additional benefits. To learn more about our membership program and to purchase your membership, CLICK HERE. Memberships cannot be purchased via Showorks.
I am a Pavilions exhibitor. How do I get into the fair?
You will need to purchase a ticket each time you visit the fair from Wednesday, July 25 - Sunday, July 29. You will need to purchase a ticket to pick up your entries on Sunday, July 29. Fair tickets and season passes can be purchased online or at the gate. For exhibitors that are 18 or older, you may want to consider becoming a LCFA member which includes additional benefits. To learn more about our membership program and to purchase your membership, CLICK HERE. Memberships and fair tickets cannot be purchased via Showorks. To purchase fair tickets or season passes, CLICK HERE.
Do I need to share my Social Security Number online?
If you are showing livestock and believe your prize winnings and auction earnings may total over $600, we suggest you enter your Social Security Number. This is the most secure way for your 1099 information to be processed. If you earn over $600 and chose not to enter your Social Security Number online, you will required to complete a paper W-9 before your check is released.