Is 2018 your year to win a Blue Ribbon?
This is where Lake County comes to compete each year. From quilts to cattle, pickles to pageants, and sheep to shoe boxes….there is a category for every age and talent.
All of our competitions are open to Lake and non-Lake County residents. If this is your first time entering or you have any questions about how to enter, please contact the department Superintendent or Fair Office and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
2018 Fair Competitions KEY DATES:
- Early May: Pavilions and Livestock fairbooks (listing of competitions) posted on lcfair.com
- Tuesday, June 5 @ 9:00am: Online entries open
- Monday, July 9 @ 9:00am: Entries Close (except Flower & Garden department)
- Competitions are open to all Lake County and non-Lake County residents.
- If you have any questions about your specific department (judging criteria, which division/class to enter, etc), please contact the department Superintendent. Contact information is located on each department page.
- Entries cannot be changed once they have been submitted. No refunds.
- We’re here to help! If you have any general competitions questions or need assistance entering online, please call the fair office Monday-Friday from 10:00am—4:00pm: 847 680 7200
ALL OPEN CLASS LIVESTOCK EXHIBITORS:
- Must purchase a “Livestock Pass” which includes a fair season pass and season parking pass for the West/Commercial lot. Exhibitors that are LCFA members do not need to purchase a Livestock Pass. CLICK HERE to purchase a 2018 membership. Note: You cannot purchase a membership via Showorks.
- Additional livestock fees:
- Entry fee per animal: $5.00
- Pen/Stall fee: $5.00 per pen Note: 4-H members also showing in Open Class must pay pen fees
ALL PAVILIONS EXHIBITORS:
- New in 2018! Pavilions exhibitors do not need to pay a one-time entry fee. Please note: you will not receive any gate admission tickets with your entries. If you wish to visit the fair or pick up your entries, you will need to purchase a ticket.
- Entry Fee: $1.00 per item
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO ENTER
STEP 1: REVIEW THE COMPETITIONS HANDBOOK
In the Competitions Handbook, review the General Information and Regulations page and Department Rules Information page for the department you are entering.
STEP 2: ENTER ONLINE
- New in 2018! Entries will only be accepted online. Paper entry forms will no longer be offered.
- If you do not have access to a computer or need assistance entering online, please visit the Fair Office Monday-Friday from 10:00am—4:00pm or call to set-up an evening or weekend appointment.
- Online Entries OPEN: Tuesday, June 5 at 9:00 a.m.
- Online Entries CLOSE: Monday, July 9 at 9:00 a.m. (except Flower & Garden entries)
STEP 3: TAG PICK-UP, ENTRY DROP-OFF/LIVESTOCK DELIVERY & OTHER INFORMATION
- All exhibitors must pick up their entry tags from the Fair Office prior to dropping off their entries (with tags attached) or delivering livestock. Entry tags can be picked up from the Fair Office (located in the Event Center):
-->Thursday, July 19 & Friday, July 20: 9:00am—3:00pm
-->Saturday, July 21: 10:00am—1:00pm
-->Sunday, July 22: 10:00am—4:00pm
-->Monday, July 23 & Tuesday, July 24: 9:00am—3:00pm
- Entry drop-off times and livestock delivery times are listed in the Competitions Handbook.
- Pavilions Exhibitors: Once your department is judged, you may retrieve your items on the date and time listed in the Competitions Handbook - This will be Sunday for most Pavilions departments. You will need a ticket to enter the fair!
- Prize Money: If you placed and receive a monetary prize, you may receive your premium check from the Fair Office from 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 29. All winners must sign for their check and have a social security number on file if prize winnings are $600.00 or higher—no exceptions.