About the LCFA
The Lake County Fair Association - LCFA - is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that produces the annual Lake County Fair and manages daily operations of the Fairgrounds and Event Center. The Association is self-supporting and is not financially dependent on any municipal, county or state government. LCFA is comprised of dues-paying members, led by an elected Fair Board of Directors and Executive Board. Revenues generated by the Fair, membership dues, facilities rental and other activities are re-invested into the annual Lake County Fair and the maintenance and development of the Fairgrounds and Event Center.
Become a Member
Get involved! LCFA is member-driven and relies on the support of the community to continue the time honored traditions of the annual Lake County Fair, educational programs in partnership with 4H and other public events year-round.
To become a member simply complete the application form and submit it with payment to the Fairgrounds office. 2016 memberships are available for purchase through August 31, 2016. The membership term is valid from January 1 through December 31, 2016. Members are not required to reside in Lake County, Illinois, but must be 18 years of age at the time of enrollment.
Blue Ribbon Membership (general membership)
- One (1) adult season pass for the 2016 Lake County Fair
- One (1) season parking pass for the 2016 Lake County Fair
- One (1) official 2016 Lake County Fair commemorative pin
- One (1) invitation to the 2016 MembershipMeeting w/voting rights
- One (1) complimentary 2016 Fair Competition Handbook
- One (1) Membership Window Decal
- Discounts on LCFA-Sponsored events (non-Fair)
- Receipt of our e-newsletter, The Members Almanac
Military and lifetime memberships also available
Purple Ribbon Membership (business membership)
- Any Purple Ribbon Membership purchased prior to 7/1/16 will receive a complimentary3’x5’ banner with company name & logo to be displayed during the 2016 Fair
- Display of Business Membership partners on the LCFA website, along with a hyperlink to your business homepage
- Two (2) complimentary admissions to one LCFA-sponsored event(non-Fair) during the 2016 Membership period (1/1/16-12/31/16)
- Purple Ribbon Membership Certificate and Window Decal for display at your place of business
- One-year bench sponsorship advertising your business year-round at the Fairgrounds
- Twenty (20) single day admission passes for the 2016 Lake County Fair
- Two (2) single day parking passes for the 2016 Lake County Fair
- Two (2) invitations to the 2016 Membership Meeting w/voting rights
- Twenty (20) official 2016 Lake County Fair commemorative pins
- Receipt of our e-newsletter, The Members Almanac
Adopt-a-Spot Beautification Program
To all of our 2015 participants, congratulations to one and all, the work you did on your spots was FANTASTIC! Adopt-a-Spot is perfect as a community service project for scouts, teens and civic organizations...or corporate team-building activity!
Please keep the following guidelines in mind as you begin planning for 2016:
- We ask that you incorporate any existing plants into your design.
- Be sure to plan your spot with maintenance needs and sun/soil/drainage issues in mind.
- Any hardscaping or permanently installed ornamental features must remain with the garden at the end of the season and will not be returned to the adopter.
- The Lake County Fairgrounds will provide the space, but each adopter is responsible for procuring all materials needed and providing all labor.
- You may begin planting as soon as you have signed and returned this letter to the Fair Office.
- Spots must be maintained from the time of adoption through September 30, 2016. Your spot must always be maintained and look its best for the week of the Lake County Fair: July 27-31, 2016.
- You may put a sign—no larger than 12” x 18” to identify your spot and thank any donors. Lawn signs are an easy, affordable, and professional option.
- If you will be planting trees or any large items, the Fair Office will ensure that any underground wires are marked.
- The adopter is responsible for watering their spot. If water access is not available near your spot, you may set up a rain barrel (at your expense) and the Fair can assist with filling the rain barrel, as needed. Please contact the Fair Office for more information.
- You are welcome to maintain your garden any day of the week from 8am-8pm. However, due to events at the Fairgrounds throughout the year, date & time restrictions will occasionally be communicated to each adopter via email.
- Please take any weeds with you. If you anticipate you will have a large amount of weeds or plant removal during your initial planting/cleanup, please contact the Fair Office for assistance.
Sponsor a Bench
The Lake County Fair Association is once again offering the opportunity to showcase your family, company or organization by sponsoring a bench at the Lake County Fairgrounds. The Fairgrounds and Event Center welcomes over 250,000 visitors annually, with approximately 100,000 of those visitors coming each July just to the Fair alone.
We currently have over 35 benches located throughout the Fairgrounds for our guests to rest and relax. The 9"x15' bench backs can be painted with your company name and logo, location, phone number and website address.
The cost for the 2016 Bench Sponsorship Program is a one-time charge of $350 (which includes design and painting fees), with an annual renewal fee each year thereafter of $99. The 2016 sponsorship period runs from July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017. In order to have your bench ready for this year's Fair, we ask that you submit your sponsorship form with payment no later than July 1, 2016.
Volunteer for the Lake County Fair
By representing the Lake County Fair as a volunteer, you’ll act as a community ambassador and work alongside board members, staff and the volunteer team to host the biggest party in Lake County! As a volunteer you will receive: a crew t-shirt, certificate of appreciation, gate access for each of your shifts, two meal tickets, plus a total of four (4) tickets to share with your friends and family. Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age as of July 27, 2016, or be accompanied by a chaperone. More information can be found here.
Official Host Hotel
Thank you for your interest in working at the Lake County Fairgrounds. Available internships and employment opportunities will be posted on this page.
Current job openings at the Lake County Fairgrounds and Event Center:
FLSA: Non-exempt: temporary
Start Date: June 6, 2016
End Date: August 5, 2016
$500.00 scholarship offered upon completion of internship
Description: Under the immediate supervision of the General Manager, the Fair Intern will provide administrative and operational support for the annual Lake County Fair. Duties will be varied and include: helping coordinate arrangements and assist with talent, vendors, competitions, attractions and events, and Assist Fair staff with entertainment and event planning for Fair talent to include, but not limited to: contract advancement, oversee entertainment load-in and load-out, hospitality, transportation, production schedules, payments, and stage management; assist Fair staff with competition entry forms, operations and events; assist with site prep and event logistics, site layout, vendor management, tents, signage, security, technical production, deliveries and installations; other duties as assigned.
*Candidates must be current college-level students with a strong interest in event production, with reliable transportation to/from work every day.
*Organized team-player with strong communication, event production, administrative, computer and customer service skills.
*Ability to operate standard office equipment including computers, telephone systems, and multi-function copiers.
*Familiarity or previous experience with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is extremely helpful.
*Available to work an extended schedule, including weekends, early mornings, evenings and holidays according to the demands of the role and the tasks.
*Weekly hours will vary between 15-25 hours a week and 40+ during the week of the Fair (July 25-31, 2016)
Lake County Fair Association is an equal opportunity employer.